CIP (Certification Information Portal) Terms and Conditions of Use Policy & AMS Privacy Statement Last Updated 11-10-2017
- AMS CIP Policy: Terms and Conditions of Use
- Welcome to the AMS “Certification Information Portal” (CIP). This site is published and/or owned and operated by Administrative Management Systems, Inc. (AMS, Inc.). Use of the CIP is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this document “CIP (Certification Information Portal) Terms and Conditions of Use Policy”.
- These terms and conditions are intended to define the obligations of the parties involved, (AMS and CIP User) but do not supersede nor release the CIP User from the obligations as defined in the “Standard License agreement” if the CIP User is also an SGCC, IGCC, NACC, NFRC, or Hallmark Licensee.
- Intellectual Property Rights (Trademarks and Copyrights)
- All material in the CIP, including program-owned documents, guidelines, text, charts, listings, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and other material (collectively "Content") are protected under applicable intellectual property (trademark and copyright) and other laws of the United States.
Trademarks and Copyrights
- Trademarks, logos, and service and certification marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed in the CIP are registered and unregistered Trademarks of AMS and others.
- Nothing contained in the CIP should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed in the CIP, or copyrighted material in the CIP, without the written permission of AMS or such third party that may own the Trademark.
- Misuse of any Trademarks, or any other content, displayed in the AMS CIP is prohibited.
- Limited License; AMS Privacy Statement; General Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
Except as otherwise indicated in the CIP, you may view, download, retrieve, access, store and print documents and information available in the CIP subject to the following conditions:
- Use of this CIP is subject to the AMS Privacy Statement (below).
- All test reports and correspondence between CIP User and AMS, relating to products or tests, must be held in strict confidence, except for communication necessary to effect proper listing in the Certified Products Directory, communication necessary to effect any program approvals or accreditation, and as required by law
- The documents and information retrieved from the CIP may not be modified or altered in any way.
- You may not remove any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the documents and information.
- AMS reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download, retrieve, access, store and print documents and information available in the CIP at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from AMS.
- You may not use the Content on any other website or in any other networked computer environment for any purpose except as expressly authorized by AMS.
- You shall not copy or adapt the HTML or other code that is used to generate pages on the Site.
- The pages and elements in the CIP are protected by Intellectual Property Rights, are owned by AMS, and are not licensed hereby. You may not reproduce, in whole or in part, the pages and elements on this Site, unless and except as expressly authorized by AMS. The rights specifically referenced above to view, download, retrieve, access, store and print the Content available in the CIP are not applicable to the design or layout of the CIP.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- This Site may provide links to other websites maintained by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience only and do not reflect endorsement, affiliation, relationship or sponsorship by AMS with respect to the provider of such links or the quality, reliability or other characteristic features of such linked site.
- AMS is not responsible in any manner for damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, advertising, services, products or other material on or available from such sites.
- Disclaimer of Warranties regarding CIP
- Ams provides this cip "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, and expressly disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Ams does not warrant that the operation of this site, or the information, content, or materials included on this site will be uninterrupted or error free. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, ams disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Ams does not warrant that this site, or its servers, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Hold Harmless
- Under no circumstances shall AMS be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages for any matter arising from or relating to this agreement or your use of the CIP, including, without limitation, your use or inability to use the CIP, any changes to or inaccessibility of the CIP, delay, failure, unauthorized access to or alteration of any transmission or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, any transaction or agreement entered into through the site, or any data or material from a third person accessed on or through the site, whether such liability is asserted on the basis of contract, tort or otherwise.
- CIP User shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AMS, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, and each of them, from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, or liabilities of whatsoever kind and nature including judgments, interest, reasonable attorney’s fees, and all other costs, fees, expenses and charges which AMS, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, and each of them, may incur arising out of the negligence, gross negligence or will or wanton misconduct of CIP User.
- Governing Law
- This Agreement is made in and shall be governed and construed by the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without reference to conflicts of laws. If you access and/or use this CIP from locations outside Illinois or the United States, you are voluntarily and purposefully availing yourself of the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, and you are solely responsible for compliance with all your local laws. Access to the CIP from locations where the CIP contents may be unlawful is prohibited.
- While AMS has taken due diligence steps to ensure the security and integrity of data provided by the CIP - either meeting or exceeding current industry safeguards, it is ultimately the CIP User’s responsibility to ensure their login credentials are not compromised. If you feel you need additional security measures, such as multi-factor authentication, please contact AMS.
- Data Ownership, Retention, and Separation
- Certified Product Data stored and presented in the CIP is owned by the respective program-owner (IGCC, SGCC, Hallmark, NFRC, NACC). Data and reports relative to products that are not yet certified (prototypes) are the property of the program participant, and are stored for the convenience of that participant. This is consistent with pre-established agreements between the Licensee and AMS and/or respective program-owner by way of executed program-specific Standard License Agreements and service agreements.
- Data stored in the CIP is subject to the Record Retention Policies of AMS, Inc. and/or Program owner (in cases where the program is “silent“ on Record Retention, AMS has established them). AMS and program-specific Record Retention policies are available upon request.
- Should a program Licensee wish to voluntarily withdraw from participation in any or all Program(s), they are first subject to the applicable terms in program-specific Standard License Agreement(s). If the CIP User is not a program Licensee, and wishes to end their participation in the use of the CIP, they must first notify AMS. In either case, CIP User-owned data can be provided to the CIP User prior to separation for a fee. AMS reserves the right to modify this fee at any time, without prior written notice.
AMS PRIVACY STATEMENT
AMS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated 11-10-2017
AMS is committed to protecting the privacy of its participants and other visitors to the Certification Information Portal (cip.amscert.com). To protect online privacy, AMS has implemented, and by your access to the Site you are consenting to, the information collection and use practices described in this Privacy Statement (“Statement”).
Collecting Personal Information
From General Users. We do not collect any information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”) from users browsing the Site. Only aggregate data, which does not include Personal Information, is collected from such users.
From Certification Program Participants, Meeting Registrants and Other Customers. We will ask you when we need Personal Information or other information that allows us to contact you to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested, such as soliciting comments and/or votes, or signing up for a meeting. The type of Personal Information we typically collect includes your name, job title, company or organization name, e-mail address, office telephone number, office mailing address, information about your job function, information about your company, and, if you purchase products or services from us, credit card information.
The Site may collect certain anonymous information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site and is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information voluntarily provided by you and collected on this Site will be used to operate the Site and to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized.
In support of these uses, AMS may use Personal Information to provide you with more effective customer service, to improve the Site and any related AMS services, and to make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the Site to your particular preference or interests.
We may use your personal information to provide you with important information about updated industry practices which may affect your business, including critical updates and notifications. Additionally, with your permission, we may send you information about various AMS products and services, and/or share information with AMS Participants so they may send you information about their products and services. AMS does not disclose credit card account information provided by its Participants and customers; rather, when Participants and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, AMS submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
AMS occasionally engages other companies, consultants and contractors to provide limited services on its behalf, such as Web site hosting, packaging, public relations, mailing, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about products and new services. We will only provide those companies the Personal Information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
AMS may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on AMS or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of AMS; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of AMS Participants, users of AMS documents, or members of the public.
Personal Information collected on the Site may be stored, hosted and processed in the United States or any other country in which AMS or its affiliates or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of Personal Information outside of your country, including to countries outside of the European Union.
Control of Your Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this Statement, Personal Information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of AMS and its affiliates without your permission.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can review and edit your Personal Information collected on the Site by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to AMS at its business address, found on amscert.com.
Security of Your Personal Information
AMS is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the Personal Information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive Personal Information (such as a credit card account number) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation. When you return to the web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the site's features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this Site or other web sites you visit.
Links to Other Sites
This Site may contain links to other web sites. AMS has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
Confidentiality Protections Safeguarding Access to Program Licensee Product Test Reports and Related Information
As a related Certification Program information access matter, we wish to notify you that contractual confidentiality and privacy protections exist for every Certification Program Licensee’s test reports and correspondence with AMS relating to each Licensee’s products and tests, as established and agreed to under the program-specific Standard License Agreement, under which strict confidentiality obligations exist for AMS and strong confidentiality rights exist for Certification Program Licensees, assuring strict confidentiality for documents and information relating to Licensees’ products and tests which is maintained by AMS as a safeguard from improper and unauthorized access and use of such Licensee information by any third-parties.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of the Statement. For material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you either by placing a prominent notice on the home page of the Site or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the Personal Information we collect. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement in its current form.
AMS welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you believe that AMS has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or via postal mail at the address provided on amscert.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.